ACCOUNTS + FEES
- What is my ePortfolio fee?
Entering students will be charged a one-time non-refundable ePortfolio fee of $139.00 for a 7-year subscription to Via.
- When will I get my Via account?
Your Via account will be created in Week 3 of your first semester at DI.
- How long does my Via account stay active?
Your initial Via account is active for 7 years.
- What if I want to access my Via account after it has expired?
You will have access to your work and ePortfolios on Via even after your subscription expires. If you want to continue adding work to your account and creating new ePortfolios, you have the option to extend your subscription directly through Watermark.
- How can I use my Via account?
Via is an online ePortfolio and assessment system used by DI. You can use your account to create online portfolios for two purposes:
(1) Personal and Professional. For personal and professional purposes, you can create any type of online portfolio that you would like and share it with whomever you would like.
(2) Coursework. For coursework purposes, your instructors may ask you to complete course assignments through Via. All of the information you put in Via will be accessible only by you, until you choose to submit it to your instructor for feedback or for a grade.
- How do I access my account?
Go to vialivetext.com and log in using your DI email address and your Via password. When you log in for the first time, your password will be password, and you will be asked to accept the licensing agreement and then change your password.
- How do I change my password?
Click your name in the top right corner, then select Settings. Select Password to change your password. Use the back button below the Via logo in the upper left to return to the home page.
PRIVACY + SHARING
- Who can see my work that I submit for an assignment in Via?
When you upload work for a course assignment, only the instructor of that course and the DI Via Administrator will be able to see your work. Otherwise, your work is completely private until you add it to a showcase ePortfolio and share that ePortfolio.
- Who can see my work that I upload to my Timeline in Via?
No one can see the work you upload to your Timeline until you add it to a showcase ePortfolio and share that ePortfolio.
- How do I share a showcase ePortfolio?
When you create a showcase ePortfolio, go to the Share tab to make it Public. Via will generate a unique URL for your ePortfolio, which you can copy and paste or share directly through Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Close Recommend a book, magazine or website
Please fill out as much information as you can to recommend a resource. If you are recommending a book, feel free to include an Amazon or Google Books link.